Friday, March 5, 2010

An easy way to make Docky Themes(noob friendly)

Do you love docky?but yeah you can't find a theme that suits you tastes.Hre is a Tutorial for making Docky Themes-

1)Press Alt+F2 or fire up the terminal

2)Enter this command-gksu nautilus /usr/share/docky/themes

3)Enter your password

4)Copy the theme's folder that you want as base.e.g. I chose the HUD Theme

5)Paste it there

6)Rename it to whatever you like.e.g.I renamed HUD(2) to Trans

7)Open the folder and modify the contents with GIMP or Inkscape(I prefer it because it is easy)

8)Do Compress it as a .tar.gz and post it on Gnome-Look so others can use it.

Let me know the Theme you have created(with links please) and your thoughts on this article in the Comments.

Here is a theme I created with this technique-

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Trans+Theme+for+Docky?content=117701

No comments:

Post a Comment